Key take-aways from this course
As with any other type of machine, safety is is legally mandatory in robot applications. Collaborative robotics has changed the conventional paradigm of deploying industrial robots by making automation possible without protective housing under certain circumstances. Unlike conventional industrial robots, human-robot collaboration achieves the required safety levels by limiting the force and power the robot in order to prevent injuries in a collision. Less space, lower investment costs, higher productivity and higher quality of manufactured products are the obvious benefits in this form of collaboration. Compliance with the European directives is required before commissioning a collaborative solution. This training is intended to assist designers, manufacturers and users of machines as well as the whole workforce involved towards compliance with EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/CE and standards harmonized to this directive.
- There are no requirements for this training. Nevertheless, we recommend you the completion of the UR Online Academy.
We at Universal Robots want to make the full potential of automation available to our users and are convinced that this can be achieved with the help of a high-quality training concept. That's why Universal Robots offers a global, easily accessible learning platform for online training in several languages and face-to-face training at more than 50 locations worldwide - and is continuing to expand its offering.
One of these locations is our training center in Munich. It consists of two separate areas where theory and practice are taught. For the practical implementation of the contents, 5 modern training cells have been set up, each with a maximum of two participants. Each cell is equipped with one of our robot arms, two conveyor belts, an I/O simulator, a Siemens PLC and an UR+ gripper. A special service room is also available for the practical part of the Service & Troubleshooting Training. You can register in our training center for all offered in-class trainings.
We look forward to welcoming you soon to one of our training courses.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION IN CONNECTION WITH OUR TRAINING AND THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) we must take appropriate health protection measures in our trainings, about which we would like to inform you here:
- You will not be granted access to our premises if one of the following points applies to you:
- You have stayed in a risk area within the last 14 days (see current information RKI)
- You have flu symptoms (cold, shortness of breath, cough and/or fever)
- You share a household with someone who has any of the above symptoms.
- If any of the above applies to you, but you have a negative COVID test that is not older than 3 days, you may attend our trainings.
- Before each training, each participant must fill out a "Visitor Health Declaration".
- Participants and trainers must wash and disinfect their hands immediately after entering the UR office.
- All participants are required to wear mouth-nose covers throughout the Universal Robots office and training center (these are provided by Universal Robots).
- General rules of conduct related to COVID-19 (sneezing etiquette, etc.) must be followed throughout the UR premises.
- A minimum distance of 1.5 m must be maintained between all participants and the instructor.
- Where a minimum distance of 1.5 m is not possible, there are partition walls (e.g. between the training cells).
- The training room and the training cells are disinfected before the training starts.
- The training room is ventilated regularly.
How do I get to the training location by public transport and what about parking?
Universal Robots' premises are located directly at the Obersendling subway station. You can take the U3 subway almost directly to the entrance of the training center.
From the main station it is best to take the U1 or U2 to the next stop “Sendlinger Tor” and then change to the U3 in the direction of “Fürstenried West”. From the airport, take the S-Bahn and get off at “Marienplatz”. Here you change to the U3 in the direction of “Fürstenried West”.
If you arrive by car, we would ask you to leave your car at your hotel due to a very limited parking space around the training center.
Are there hotel recommendations?
There are several hotels in different price categories near the Universal Robots training center. After booking a training course, you will receive a booking code in the confirmation e-mail. With this code you can book a room at a reduced rate on the Leonardo Munich South website there or in the neighboring NYX Hotel Munich South. Depending on the hotel, the cost of the hotel room is between 90 and 100 EUR (when there are trade fairs in Munich or other events the prices can be higher). Please Note: Due to the current situation (COVID-19) the Leonardo Munich South is closed until further notice. Bookings for this hotel will be automatically transferred to the NYX Hotel Munich South (opposite side of the street).
If cancellation is received more than 10 business days before the first day of the Training a full refund will be granted. If cancellation is received less than 10 business days before the training, the participant will be charged 50% of the activity fee. In case of a participant not showing up for a training or cancellation at the training day the full amount will be charged.
Cancellation of free-of-charge trainings (when a voucher code was used)
If cancellation is received more than 10 business days before the first day of the training for a free-of-charge training (when a voucher code was used) a full refund will be granted. If cancellation is received less than 10 business days before the training for a free-of-charge training (when a voucher code was used), the participant will be charged 50% of the trainings list price. In case of a participant not showing up for a free-of-charge training (when a voucher code was used) or cancellation at the training day the full amount of the trainings list price will be charged. If a medical certificate of incapacity to work can be presented, there is no charge for cancellation. In the event that a Training is cancelled by the Training Provider a full refund of any paid amounts will be granted.
The Trainings will be open for registration up until 5 business days before the first day of the training. After this date, no further registrations will be accepted.
Universal Robots (Germany) GmbH
Baierbrunner Str. 15, 3rd Floor